Friday, January 9, 2009

A terrible mental picture... enjoy!


In my attempt to blog about everything.... I have a story for you.... a story that will take you on a strange journey slightly resembling the boat ride from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. At least that's what it feels like when I think about it.... at first it will seem slightly anti climatic....But it's like a mind bomb... and the more you think about it... the creepier it gets.

I was watching Martha Stuart yesterday. I was really bored. When I choose my T.V. programs I try to choose shows that are clean... ones that I KNOW will never be offensive. So my obvious choice in the middle of the day was the wholesome Martha Stuart Living.They had a great horticulturist on. He was teaching easy ways to keep your plants healthy and free of worms, bugs and scales. Things like watered down eggs or dish soap. He then brought out a blender and started dropping in Habanero peppers saying that this spray works wonders for some unwanted pest or another. Martha quickly adds in-"Oh, habanero peppers. You want to be very careful when you are doing this. They use habanero peppers in bear spray. Make sure to wear gloves, and not get it in your eyes or on your private parts. Trust me. I know from experience. It can be Very painful." WHAAAT?! WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY? I must have been hallucinating....nope... the faint giggling of her live studio audience confirms that I had actually just heard Martha Stuart- the queen of proper- say that she, at some point in her life, had experienced the excruciating burning sensation of Habanero pepper on her "private parts". Well cheers to you Martha. You are a better woman than I ever hope to be.

2 comments:

Natalie and company said...

You crack me up sista! And yes...you need a "hobby". : ) Not much to find in BF. I am making bottle cap magnets, let me know if you want the recipe! I love ya guts! N

paulson family said...

Whitney, I'm shocked! Are you the only woman who has NEVER tried this?... Or are Martha and I the only ones who have? If you don't have any peppers, cinnamon oil,or just try Altoids.